Here's a guide for a Cold Damage over Time (DoT) Elementalist build in Path of Exile 3.22：
The Cold DoT Elementalist build focuses on dealing damage over time with cold-based skills. It utilizes the Elementalist ascendancy to enhance the damage and utility of these skills while also providing good survivability. This build specializes in chilling enemies, inflicting freezing damage over time effects, and shattering frozen enemies for devastating AoE damage. In this guide, we will discuss the key aspects of the build, including skill gem setup, passive tree allocation, gear recommendations, and playstyle tips.
Skill Gem Setup
1. Winter Orb: Use Winter Orb as your primary skill. Link it with Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, Elemental Focus, Efficacy, and Swift Affliction support gems for maximum damage over time output.
2. Frost Bomb: Include Frost Bomb as a utility skill to reduce enemies' cold resistance. Link it with Increased Area of Effect and Arcane Surge support gems for increased effectiveness.
3. Vaal Cold Snap: Utilize Vaal Cold Snap for additional burst damage and crowd control. Link it with Increased Duration and Intensify support gems for optimal performance.
4. Frostbite: Use Frostbite curse to increase further the cold damage inflicted on enemies. Link it with Increased Area of Effect and Increased Duration support gems.
5. Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) setup: Consider using a CWDT setup for the automatic triggering of defensive abilities. Use CWDT with Immortal Call, Increased Duration, and Frost Shield for added survivability.
Passive Tree Allocation: As an Elementalist, your passive tree allocation should prioritize Cold Damage, Damage over Time, Elemental Damage, Spell Damage, Life, and Energy Shield. Focus on nodes that enhance your cold damage, damage over time, and elemental damage. Allocate life and energy shield nodes to improve your survivability. Aim for a balance between offense and defense to handle tough encounters effectively.
1. Weapon: Look for a wand or scepter with increased cold damage, spell damage, cast speed, and added cold damage to spells. Consider weapons that also provide bonuses to damage over time, elemental damage, or critical strike chance.
2. Body Armor: Prioritize a body armor with high maximum life, energy shield, and resistances. Look for bonuses to cold damage, spell damage, and increased damage over time. Consider using Shavronne's Wrappings for low-life builds to take advantage of pain attunement.
3. Helmet: Seek a helmet with increased maximum life, energy shield, resistances, and bonuses to cold damage, spell damage, or increased critical strike chance. Look for enchantments that enhance Winter Orb or Frost Bomb.
4. Gloves: Look for gloves with increased cold damage, spell damage, cast speed, and energy shield. Consider gloves with added cold damage to spells or bonuses to damage over time. If possible, seek gloves that reduce the mana cost of skills for better mana sustainability.
5. Boots: Prioritize boots with increased maximum life, energy shield, movement speed, and resistances. Look for additional elemental damage, cold damage, or bonuses to freeze duration. Consider using boots with the "Elusive" modifier for extra dodge chance and movement speed.
6. Belt: Aim for a belt with increased maximum life, energy shield, and resistances. Look for bonuses to cold damage, elemental damage, or increased damage over time. Consider using a Stygian Vise with a powerful Abyssal Jewel for added damage.
7. Accessories: Focus on rings and amulets that provide increased cold damage, spell damage, maximum life, energy shield, and resistances. Look for modifiers that enhance damage over time, elemental damage, or critical strike chance. Consider adding jewels with added cold damage or increased damage over time.
1. Winter Orb Usage: Channel Winter Orb to build up stages and unleash its damage over time effect. Keep moving while channeling to avoid enemy attacks. Use it as your primary source of damage, focusing on chilling and freezing enemies.
2. Frost Bomb Application: Cast Frost Bomb to reduce enemies' cold resistance, increasing the damage they take from your cold skills. It also helps with shattering frozen enemies for additional area-of-effect damage.
3. Vaal Cold Snap Activation: Use Vaal Cold Snap during tough encounters or when facing large groups of enemies. It provides burst damage and crowd control, allowing you to freeze and shatter enemies for devastating effects.
4. Frostbite Curse: Apply Frostbite curse to enemies to increase the cold damage they take. This can significantly boost your damage output, especially against tougher foes.
5. Flask Management: Make good use of utility flasks to enhance your survivability and damage output. Recommended flasks include those that provide life recovery, increased damage, or additional resistance bonuses. Consider using a Diamond Flask for increased critical strike chance and a Quicksilver Flask for extra mobility.
6. Mind Over Matter (MoM): If you allocate MoM in your passive tree, manage your mana carefully to maintain your life and mana pool. Utilize skills like Warlord's Mark or Clarity to recover mana effectively.
The Cold DoT Elementalist build offers a unique playstyle focused on dealing cold damage over time. With careful skill gem setup, passive tree allocation, and gear choices, this build can provide excellent damage output and survivability. Remember to utilize Winter Orb to its fullest potential, apply Frost Bomb and Frostbite curse strategically, and manage your flasks for optimal performance. With less currency investing, the Cold DoT Elementalist build can become a formidable force in Path of Exile 3.22.