FFXIV: End of PlayStation 3 Support
Last year, during the Final Fantasy 14 Fan Festival event in Las Vegas where series producer Naoki Yoshida (Yoshi-P) took to the main stage in the opening keynote to announce Stormblood, the next expansion in the XIV series. Square Enix also revealed that the developer would stop supporting the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Support for the PlayStation 3 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV is scheduled to end with the release of latest expansion, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. In accordance with this ending of service, PlayStation 3 users will have the opportunity to upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version free of charge via the upgrade campaign which ends on December 31, 2017. The official hopes that players will take this opportunity to upgrade that they may continue to enjoy exciting new adventures in FINAL FANTASY XIV. Now, Mmogah shows the detailed PlayStation 4 Upgrade Campaign in the following parts:
The detailed PlayStation 4 Upgrade Campaign!
For a limited time, players who own FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation 3 will have the option of upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version free of charge.
Moreover, players whose subscription has expired will also be granted fourteen days of free play starting from the day they upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version.
Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the upgrade process.
From Monday, October 17, 2016 to Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Purchase of the PlayStation 4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation 4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation 3 version.
- Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
- Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation 4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 until service for the PlayStation 3 is discontinued must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation 4.
- The upgrade campaign is scheduled to begin on October 17, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017.
- Users who purchased the PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition will be upgraded to the PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition automatically.
- Users who registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward to their service account are not required to register a second copy when upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- The fourteen days of free play granted by this campaign are only valid in the event your service account is expired at the time of upgrade. Please be advised that this promotion cannot be used to extend the duration of free play periods granted by other campaigns.
- Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation 4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.
- When the upgrade process is complete, you will be issued a promotion product code to download the PlayStation 4 version. To register this code, you must sign in on the PlayStation 4 with the same Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account you used to play on the PlayStation 3. Registering with a new or different SEN account will prevent access to the game from the original SEN account. This may also result in complications when purchasing other products related to FINAL FANTASY XIV on the PlayStation Store.
- Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation 4 version.
- Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation 3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.
ffxiv playstation 4 upgradeffxiv playstation 3ffxiv gilffxiv power levelingbuy ffxiv gil