The new housing land-Empyreum will be available for purchase in Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.1, Mid-April 2022. Since there is too little meat for so many wolves, the development team will use a lottery system to purchase all land for equity.
There might be many players with enough FFXIV Gil on them but can't buy houses in Final Fantasy XIV because there is no more housing available in existing housing land.
And there might also be players with no house and not enough Gil. Now is the best time to get prepared by buying cheap and safe FFXIV Gil and get ready for the new housing land.
FFXIV Empyreum Housing Prices
So, it is better to get prepared ahead than to worry at the last minute.
Lotteries operate on a 9-day cycle (Earth time), and are divided into two periods.
The entry period lasts 5 days (Earth time), during which players may submit their lottery entries.
The results period lasts 4 days (Earth time), during which players may confirm lottery results and finalize land purchases.
If you can't finalize your purchase within 4 days (or less than 4 days) after winning the lottery, your claim to that plot will be forfeit. Furthermore, a 50% cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit made at entry.
To travel to Empyreum, you must first complete the sidequest “Ascending to Empyreum”
1. You must have at least one class at level 60. (It is said level 50 on the Lodestone, but the sidequest listed above is a level 60 quest, to do that, you must level your character to 60 and do the main quests up to level 60.)
2. You must hold the rank of second lieutenant or above in one of the Grand Companies.
1. Your free company must be rank 6 or above.
2. Your free company must have four or more members.
3. You must be authorized by your free company to purchase and relinquish land.
4. You must have been a member of your free company for 30 days or longer.
You can only apply for one plot during a single lottery period. (You can not apply for both private and free company plots. )
You will receive a 100% refund of the deposit paid at entry. Make sure to accept your refunds within 90 days and do it in your Home World.
You can participate in the next lottery period.
Read more details on the Lodestone.
Thank you for reading, and good luck with the new housing lottery system.