One thing that really differentiates Path of Exile from other games, is its Currency System. There may be some noobs called “PoE Gold”, but remember, there is no gold in PoE, and all currency is in the form of orbs and scrolls. Currency play a large role in the player to player trading system, with rare orbs able to be traded for powerful equipment, or even other types of orbs that a player might need at the time for crafting. Now I will show you newbies how to farm PoE Currency.
Currency can be found as drops from monsters or chests, bought directly from different vendors in town, or received through the use of the vendor recipe system by trading specific configurations of PoE Items to any town vendor. There are lots of ways to make currency:
- General mapping and drops from maps.
- Setup your syndicate members to give the desired drops (for me it would be sulphite scarabs to open up your mine to get additional sources or drops).
- Do prophecies from time to time, they will most likely proc during mapping and some of them are worth quite a bit or are useful.
2. DELVING (from cathegory A, point 2)
Farm azurite to upgrade the stats of your crawler/equipment to get a comfortable delving experience. Go down to reach deeper levels and better chances of rare encounters. You should also try to look in each corner for fragile walls, and the Fossils they might contain. I would guess I made like 200 Chaos Orb just by selling fossils so far.
3. FARMING LAB
- For valuable enchants on meta-helmets or all-time-favorites like "Starkonja's Head".
- Maximum amount of treasure keys.
4. SPECIAL ENCOUNTERS (also from A.2)
Special scarabs OR the incursion temple might bring up some opportunities for making money.
- Breach research rooms / Scarabs for running Breachlord's Domains (also upgradeable through "It That Fled" in Research safe houses)
- Harbinger orbs from syndicates/zana to fun higher tier maps (or stock up your atlas completion). Also gives you a chance to get am beachhead map.
- Farming Atzirto sell item drops and uber fragments (this also counts for shaper fragments and his guardians; depending on what you are able to farm)
5. CHAOS RECIPE (nice and easy while running atziri, lab or maps)
NOTE: This post referred to Reddit and YouTube.