If you want to make good money early in the league of Path of Exile, farming Uber Labyrinth is one of the best choices. This guide is designed specifically for it. Juggernaut ascendancy in combination with armors allow us to ignore traps in Labyrinth because you can regenerate their damage. The increasing amount of players ask some really basic questions about PoE Uber Lab, so the following guide can help you solve some basic problems.
What is the lab?
Lab is the only place in game where you can get your ascendancy. There are 4 variations of difficulty (Normal, Cruel, Merciless, and Uber). Lab provides a hefty amount of loot if you run correctly, and the aim is to cost little time in lab especially when farming Uber, and meanwhile maximizing the potential drops.
What do we need to start farming lab?
- Trials are found in maps randomly (Uber only)
- Offering to the Goddess (If doing Uber lab)
- A good build
What are the benefits of running lab?
- One of a few places can get lots of loot with marginal effort (Depends on build)
- Helm enchants with 10 exaltations + each league
- Easy to farm when you understand Lab mechanics and layouts
- Extremely profitable even on bad days
There are many different things found in the lab which aim to slow you down or kill you, there are various ways to deal with the traps but most of them require you to pay attention to how they work.
- Blade Sentries: Blade Sentries AKA Roombas are wide circular traps that move along set paths which deal physical damage over time. The closer you move to the center of them, the more damage they deal.
- Furnace Traps: Furnace Traps are areas of fire on the floor where deal massive fire damage over time. They turn off every few seconds.
- Poisonous Darts: Poisonous Darts fire from walls or pillars every few seconds when a pressure plate is stepped on. They cause physical and chaos damage as well as applying a slow poison to players.
- Spiked Traps: Spiked Traps are either timed or pressure sensitive devices that shoot out from the ground. It is physical damage while locking the player in one place in a short period of time.
- Spinning Blades: Spinning Blades are similar to sawblades, and these pillars with blades cause physical damage over time. However they move along set tracks that allow them to turn.
- Guillotines: Guillotines are fixed large knives that cover a thin but long area, and physical damage can block the pathway.
- Sentinel Traps: Sentinel Traps are exclusive to the Eternal Labyrinth and map trials. Sentinels apply various effects to a player within its range. They can be disabled in a few seconds by destroying them. Some sentinels cast fire, frost, and shock nova as well as a physical nova and a bleed nova. Others apply hindering effects such as removing flask charges, increasing damage, hurting the player when they use a movement skill and curse with temporal chains.
How to run lab effectively?
This is probably the most asked question due to inexperience in running lab. Each day the lab resets the layout changes, which means silver keys, silver doors, and darkshrines are moved to a random location. Some days it's easy to hit the majority of the shrines/gauntlets/silver doors but sometimes it will be harder to do so.
As you can see, we have a gold door, izaro and silver doors along the main path. This is a great example of a lab you can run and you can get a nice chunk of loot especially with the newly buffed silver chests. So to maximize our profits and lower the time cost in lab, we should aim to do rooms.
1. Collect the Shrine, collect silver key
2. Complete Gauntlet (curious Lockbox)
3. Complete Gauntlet (curious Lockbox) and collect Gold key
4. Collect Silver Key (If room 1 is skipped), complete Gauntlet (curious Lockbox) and then proceed through gold door
5. Collect Silver key
6. Kill Argus
7. Proceed to Aspirants Trial
8. Argus is always worth killing because you have a 100% chance to get an extra Treasure key.
9. Open Silver Door
10. Open Silver Door
Treasure Chests & Enchants
Last but not least, loot is the main reason we run lab. There is no specific way to open chests as they are randomized every time.
Possible loot is as follows
- An Offering to the Goddess
- Two additional Treasure Keys
- Multiple maps (Only in the Merciless Labyrinth and the Eternal Labyrinth)
- Multiple Sacrifice Vaal fragments (Only drops with the corrupted PoE Items box)
- Multiple divination cards
- Multiple currency items, especially the valuable PoE exalted orb
- Multiple skill gems with quality (Silver door variants only drop level 1 gems with random quality while the end of lab chests can drop with a variety of levels and quality)
- Multiple amulets, rings, belts and jewels
- Multiple body armors, gloves, boots and helmets.
- Multiple weapons of all types.
- 3 unique items
- ilvl 84 items
- Items with additional sockets
- Quality PoE Currency chest (scraps, whetstones, gcp, chisels)
- Chance for Lab unique items, Chitus' Needle, Death's Door, Glitterdisc, Izaro's Dilemma, Izaro's Turmoil, Spine of the First Claimant, Viper's Scales, Winds of Change, Xirgil's Crank
These will be changed in every league depending on which skills are Meta, but generally you're looking for skills most commonly used in the Abyss League.
-Any of the unique Nightmare Bascinets
-High level rare bases
In a word, lab isn't made for everyone and it requires a lot of patience than running maps due to the ever changing layout and rewards. It does pay off when you have done enough of them. The main idea of lab is to roll the RNG dice as much as possible but spending little time in running the lab, the more you can do per hour means more chances of good loot you can get per hour. For more PoE News, please visit MmoGah.com.
How to Get Large Coupons
How to Order
Terms of Services
Third Party Legal
Verification for Orders
Why Sign Up?